Wednesday, January 7, 2015

#IWSG: BE BRAVE, I SAY!! #WritersLife


Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

Posting: The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day. Post your thoughts on your own blog. Talk about your doubts and the fears you have conquered. Discuss your struggles and triumphs. Offer a word of encouragement for others who are struggling. Visit others in the group and connect with your fellow writer - aim for a dozen new people each time. 

Let’s rock the neurotic writing world!

Our Twitter hashtag is #IWSG 


Click on the image above for the full linky list!

The awesome co-hosts for the January 7 posting of the IWSG will be Elizabeth Seckman,Lisa Buie-Collard, Chrys Fey, andMichelle Wallace!

~~~oOo~~~

My insecurity this month: setting up a Facebook party for my January release and asking other authors to co-host. Sure, it's freebie exposure for them, but I felt sure no one would want to join my party. 

I don't have a huge following.

A small # of reviews.

Why wouldn't anyone waste their time (even if it IS only an hour) helping me out??

The true spirit of my cyber buds shone through!! I managed to wrangle ten lovely authors into helping me, and the one that couldn't offered up an ecopy of one of her titles for a giveaway.



Feeling blessed.

While I told myself, the worst they can say is no, I had to pull up my boot straps before groveling. What did I learn? 

It doesn't hurt to ask!!!

BE BRAVE, I SAY!!!



21 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad some of your buddies came through for you!!! Always good to hear... It CAN be done! best of luck with your release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Authors are the most giving people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes. :) Thanks for stopping by, Alex!

      Delete
  3. facebook launch parties can be a lot of fun: tell your friends ot invite their friends and promise lots of giveaways throughout the day. Post small trivia, have the people comment and then draw random winners. E-copies of the book cost nothing to you and by giving them away you gain readers and potential reviewers. Good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my mottos in life: just ask! It's amazing what you can get sometimes simply by asking. And yet, it's the hardest thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be insecure asking authors to join my FB party, but I'm shocked that you were. You are so much farther than I am that I was thrilled when you asked me. :D I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because someone has a few pubs under their belt doesn't mean they don't get insecure. ;) Glad to have you on board, Chrys! Looking forward to it.

      Delete
  6. You are loved. Did you not notice? Look around and you should see us everywhere you look. You are truly one of the most lovable/likeable people I know. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Em - you brought small tears to my eyes this morning. LOVE YOU!

      Delete
  7. That's great! I think most of writing has to do with being brave, especially when it comes to putting ourselves out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick - it really does! It's those voices in the deepest part of our brains that we're sharing. Exposing. Definitely nerve wracking.

      Thanks so much for returning the visit!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting on my blog. You help remind me that is the first Wednesday of the month. I had forgotten. My post is up now. I am having trouble with my sidebar since I installed the last update of Wordpress. I am trying to figure out the fix. Anyway you cannot see it, but I offer free featured hosting too, which you can see previous post under Featured Authors on top menu, if you need any more exposure. My contact info is under about me if you are interested or need more help. I have been wonderfully surprised and bless by the help and encourage from the writing community too. I am glad you were able to get things set up for yourself.
    Juneta at Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting, Juneta! I'll try to swing by later today when I get caught up on my to-do list.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for coming to my pity party...I keep forgetting every month to put all those links up...I guess I get distracted when given license to complain about my loving husband and three beautiful healthy daughters...and woes me I'm having trouble getting my book written...I'm going to go stalk you now... in a totally non restraining order way. If I don't reply before I look at your sight I'll get distracted by all the shiny things! It also fuels my perpetual desire to look like an idiot if I comment before I explore the blog...you know then when irony bites my backside and I come upon the post you inevitably wrote titled "how I finally got my first book finished with kids in the house" I can struggle with getting my foot out of my mouth...what would I do with myself otherwise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still laughing my ass off! Kara - are you on Twitter or FB? I'd love to stalk right back!

      Delete
  11. Hi Terri!
    Thanks for stopping by my IWSG post and for commenting. I really appreciate it! Being brave isn't easy for me but I've found that every time I am brave, amazing things happen. It's being brave that opens those doors for us that we thought were locked and barred! Happy 2015 to you!

    Cheers,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Go you! What a great idea. I might try and steal it! (if you don't mind!) My newest release is out this month! Sorry I'm late on IWSG. You know marketing...LOL http://celticadlx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete