Thursday, June 14, 2012

#writetip of the week:





While complaining / discussing the pros & cons of networking this week, a fellow forumite had this to say,

"Using twitter isn't required to be successful in *any* business. Neither is blogging. The best way to sell books is to write them, and write them well."

Thank you, says I, for refocusing my wandering - networking - mind on what's important. Time for me to pick back up my old fashioned pencil & get to work red pen & get back to editing - my favorite thing to complain about. hehehe

That is all.  Happy writing!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great tip, Terri. Hard to remember, but well worth it. For example, I just found this post on Twitter from three days ago! A bit behind. :)

    Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled across this, Terri. I'm a huge advocate of using social media to build a writing platform, but I have to say this is great advice.

    I can't remember where I saw this quote, but I remember someone making a comment that "Shakespeare never got around to building his website either."

    I think social networking is a great tool but it can be a rabbit hole for procrastinators and folks who are easily distracted. Writers should be writing! Everything else is a footnote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great quote!!! It's a total rabbit hole for me. STILL. *shaking head at self*

      I'm horrible.

      Thanks so much for stopping by & commenting!!

      Delete