I'm thrilled to have Ms. McMann here for part of her TORN blog tour! I wanted to know...
What top ten things she must have or like to have when writing.
Here's what she had to say...
10. My lap top. Yeah, I know, easy one. ;)
9. My flat screen monitor. This isn't a must have if I'm working away from my desk, but it makes life a lot easier when my words are very much in my face. ;)
8. I like, but don't have to have, chocolate. Dark. Only dark.
7. Eye drops. This writing thing will work your eyes out hours on end.
6. My iPhone. Yep.
5. Google. Of course Google is a must have because I research A LOT.
4. Hot tea or a cup of ice. Usually hot tea in the morning and ice in the afternoon.
3. My notes, which can be on just about anything. My phone, notebooks, ripped pieces of paper, napkins, whatever I have nearby when ideas strike.
2. Papermate pens. No other kind. Only papermate. Specifically green, but they're hard to find, so usually blue.
1. Music. Always music. And with music, come earbuds. ;)
For more info: J Taylor Publishing
Target Audience: Young Adult
Key Words: Urban Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Mystery, Mythology
That’s all Layla cares about. Not healing from the Fomore attack. Not finding answers to how she survived a fall that nearly killed her. Nothing will stop her. She will find him. She’ll even pair up with an overbearing Fallen Angel who’s hell bent on making everything harder than it needs to be if she has to.
For Max, nothing else matters. Not the bruises covering his body. Not the pain radiating from his broken bones. Not even his hands tied behind his back. He will find a way to save Layla, and the Fomore will pay if they’ve hurt her.
Every. Single. One of them.
In the second installment of The Fire Born trilogy, a new breed of villain looms—one Layla and Max will never suspect, and this killer has nothing to lose. Better yet, with Max and Layla’s deaths, victory is in the grip of the enemy.
Will Max and Layla find each other in time, or is it already too late for them both?
With a passion for the supernatural and all things magical, Laney developed a voracious appetite for reading fantasy at a young age. A vivid imagination helped set the stage for creating her own worlds and placed her onto the writing path.
By the time she reached her teens, she'd accumulated notebooks full of poems, which led to short stories and finally novels. Young adult dark fantasy, paranormal romance, and mythology are among her favorite genres.
A former classical dancer and chef, she grew up in sultry Florida where she still resides with her family.
Twitter / Goodreads / Facebook Profile / Facebook Author Page / Pinterest / Tumblr / Laney McMann / laneymcmannyaauthor(at)gmail(dot)com
Signed paperbacks of TIED (Book 1) &TORN (Book 2) to ONE winner, and E-book copies of TIED & TORN to ONE winner.
And until September 15th, TIED will be on sale in honor of TORN's launch.