Friday, January 25, 2013

Jack & Jill Vol. One by Jennifer M. Eaton #romance #promo



Jack & Jill, Volume One
Jack and Jill Stories, Volume one


Jill stumbles back into the dating world after twelve years of motherhood.  But things have changed a lot since the last time she dated.  Jack and Jill stories follow the challenges of a woman holding on to traditional values in a world that has evolved without her. Now that she has found the man of her dreams, will Jill be able to hold on to him without compromising what she believes in?

Volume One follows Jack and Jill on their journey from friendship to love over Christmas and New Years in two heartwarming stories.

Connect the Dots:  Jill writes her most intimate Christmas wish to God—and throws it away for its ridiculousness—but Christmas wishes have a way of coming true, even when you don’t know what you’ve wished for.

A Test of Faith:  One day after her Christmas wish comes true, Jill faces a wrenching choice that tests her deepest beliefs.  Will love prevail over conviction, or is happiness nothing more than a fairytale?




Connect the Dots, Excerpt:

The scent of cheap perfumes slapped my face as I pushed open the bathroom door. I resisted the urge to turn and leave. The girl’s club posed and fluffed before the mirrors, primping like prom queens, rather than secretaries and accountants.
“Good morning.” I smiled. Not that they’d notice me, lost inside their gossiping gaggle. I opened a stall door and slipped inside.
I peered through the crack beside the hinges. Monica’s Barbie-doll butt jutted out as she leaned toward the mirror to apply her lipstick. Her tight skirt enunciated all those curves that God forgot to give me and blessed her with in abundance. I sat down to do my business with a sigh.
“So,” Monica said. “I got Steve for Secret Santa. I can’t wait to give him my present.”
My stomach sank and flipped.
“What are you getting him?” Elaine asked.
Monica giggled. “I was thinking of lingerie.”
I cringed. So much for Steve. I couldn’t compete with that.
“So, who got Jack?” Elaine asked. “That’s a pipe I’d like to tap. I saw him at the gym the other day. Damn that boy’s hiding some major pecs under that conservative suit of his.”
“Mmmm,” Monica said. “I wouldn’t mind a piece of that myself. He’s the perfect pop and drop date.”
“Pop and drop?” Surprise touched Elaine’s voice.
“Yeah, you know…great for a good time, but not good enough to marry. He’s cute enough to screw, but I need a little extra padding in the wallet to turn me on for more than a one night stand. You know what I mean?”
Amanda giggled. “You are wicked, girlfriend. I wanna be you when I grow up.”
You are grown up, bimbo. I stood and re-adjusted my slacks.
“Well, you can’t have both Steve and Jack,” Elaine said. “You need to leave a little for the rest of us.”
I leaned up to the crack once more. Monica fluffed her golden locks in the mirror. What I wouldn’t give for her curls, her curves. I mean, really God, couldn’t you have just given me a few ounces of her boobs? Dang…I’d take any part of her over my boring body.
“Well, I’m six for six at getting laid at the Christmas party,” Monica said. “So who should I do this year?”
Did she just say what I think she said?
“Flip a coin. I get the loser,” Amanda said.
“Okay. Heads Jack. Tails Steve.”
I rubbed my face as I heard a coin hit the floor. The gaggle cried out in the same instant and began high-fiving each other. I stretched up and down the crack in the door trying to see the coin, but Amanda picked it up and slipped it in her pocket.
The girls club streamed from the bathroom, leaving Monica smoothing her skirt and checking her butt in the mirror. I squeezed my hands into fists, my nails biting into my flesh.
Monica posed, smiling at her reflection. An innocent expression crossed her face. “Oh, Jack…I’ve wanted you ever since we were partners in science class.”
Oh, no.
Her face changed back to the bitch I knew so well. “He’ll go for it,” she whispered. “They always do.”

Available for purchase:






Jennifer Eaton lives on the East Coast USA with her husband, three boys, and a pepped up poodle.  She hosts an interactive website www.jennifermeaton.com aimed at making all writers the best they can be. 

Her Contemporary Sweet Romance, Jack and Jill Volume One is currently available in both print and ebook.  The Dystopian novelette “Last Winter Red” is available as part of the “Make Believe” Anthology.  Jennifer M. Eaton's Christmas Romance “Connect the Dots” is available as part of the “For the Love of Christmas” Anthology.  Each title is available from Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com and Smashwords.

Jack and Jill Volume One:  Jill stumbles back into the dating world after twelve years of motherhood.  But things have changed a lot since the last time she dated.  Jack and Jill stories follow the challenges of a woman holding on to traditional values in a world that has evolved without her. Now that she has found the man of her dreams, will Jill be able to hold on to him without compromising what she believes in?

Last Winter Red:  In search of a husband, Emily leaves the safety of the city and risks her life stepping into the outside world.  What she finds there will question the foundations of everything she believes in.

Connect the Dots:   Jill has no idea what she wants for Christmas, but when it looks like her best friend Jack is going to get exactly what he asks for, Jill makes a Christmas wish that will change both of their lives forever. 


Where to find Jennifer M. Eaton!



1 comment: