Thursday, December 6, 2012

What Is J. Keller Ford's Perfect Dream Come True?






Welcome once again to my week-long Meet The Author fest! We're focusing on the six lovely ladies of the Make Believe Anthology from J. Taylor Publishing that released December 3rd!

Today we're meeting with another beta bud of mine & fellow Scribo critter.





 J. Keller Ford

YA Author & Award Winning Blogger








Tell us why we should read your story.

Because it’s awesome!   LOL.  Just kidding.  The Amulet of Ormisez is a story of greed, malice, desire and loss.  It is also a story of triumph, love, perseverance, even if it means sacrificing everything one holds dear to do what is right.

What is the first thing you thought of upon seeing the picture prompt for the Make Believe Anthology?

The first thing I thought was “Oh, wow, I get to write a fantasy short story.  Cool!”  My mind went blank for two months after that.  J

Which came first: The story or the character?

In this case, they both sort of fell in inline together.  I didn’t plot anything.  I sat down and wrote, which is usually how I write anyway.  I guess if anything came first it was the opening scene.  Once I wrote that down, the rest followed.

How did you choose your setting?

I’ve always wanted to start a story the way I did with Amulet, but never could find the right sort of novel to write that fit it well.  I’m glad I saved it because the cold, damp, darkness of it all suited this particular story perfectly.

Is there a moral behind your story?

Only that there is no sacrifice too big for true love.

What was your favorite food when you were a child? 

Artichokes.  Loved them then, love them still.

What is your favorite song of all time? 

“You Don’t Know Me” sung by the incomparable Elvis Presley.

If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?   

Donate a huge chunk to my local Humane Society and St. Jude’s Hospital.

What did you do growing up that got you into trouble?  

Embellishing the truth.  I always ‘told stories’.

What is something you learned in school that you think is useless to you today? 

Geometry.  Never once used it.  Thought it was useless then.  Haven’t changed my opinion all these years later.

What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?

Christmas!  We put up lights outside.  We always have a real tree and it’s a big one.  I always make Christmas Day dinner and all the family converges on my house for a fabulous meal.  It is the one day a year my entire family is together.  It’s wonderful, a mom’s perfect dream come true.

If you had to spend a day not using any technology, what would you do?  

Bike riding, going to the beach, collecting sea shells, reading, playing board games, hanging with my kids, grand-daughter and dogs, doing puzzles…

If you could have someone else's face, whom would you choose?  

A young Ingrid Bergman.  She was absolutely beautiful. 

What bad habit would you be willing to give up if it guaranteed you would live to be 100? 

Over-eating food I love (Chinese buffets get me every time)

If you lived in the pioneer days, would you have traveled west or stayed put in the east?  

I would have stayed in the east.  I love mountains, trees, and oceans too much to leave them for the hot, dry deserts.





Lovely Link List For Ms. Ford

Blog Twitter Goodreads

Meet the other ladies of Make Believe:  Lynda R. YoungJennifer M. EatonKelly Said, J.A. Belfield

8 comments:

  1. "Embellishing the truth. I always ‘told stories’."
    Not much has changed then, eh? LOLOLOLOL At least now you get to do it productively. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, always had a whopper of an imagination, only I've learned to stick to fiction characters when concocting a story. Less painful to my backside (my military daddy had this thing for belts). After a few times of "punishment", I learned to keep my fabrications to pen and paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Terri, Jenny and all the authors of Make Believe! Wishing you all much success with the new book - and thank you Terri, for featuring one of my fav blogging buddies today! ~ Love and hugs from Julie :) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie!! Thanks too for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Julie, for visiting Terri's site and commenting. I love driving traffic to other blogger's sites. you never know who you'll meet or how much you'll fall in love with the new host. All I know is I'm thrilled to have Terri in my court and as one of my antho buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview. I have the same bad habit. Excited about this anthology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful book filled with great stories you can read over and over again.

      Delete