Friday, November 2, 2012

#FreeviewFriday #MakeBelieve Part 3




Welcome to Freview Friday!

Today I’m sharing another snippet of my story, Sacrificial Oath, from J. Taylor Publishing’s Make Believe Anthology which releases December 3rd.

Part 1 can be found HERE & Part 2 HERE if you missed them!




A fresh wave of fear surged through her. “What oath?”
“I never expected ….” Another sob tore from his lips.
She wiped a tear with her thumb and tried for an assuring smile. “Tell me, Father.”
“I made an oath to the Goddess.” Chest heaving, he struggled to continue. “In an exchange for survival and victory, I promised t—to sacrifice the first virgin who emerged from the gates upon our return.”
Cold overtook Alesuela.
“I have given my word,” her father cried, “to our blessed Goddess.”
Darkness shrouded Alesuela’s mind, and she slumped to the ground.






Dun dun dun dun …. 

As J.A. Belfield has said, any and all are welcome to join her in this weekly shenanigan. HOWEVER, if you do so, she URGE syou to keep the shared snippets short and sweet. Mine (like hers) will be a maximum of TEN (10) sentences. To help identification of these posts, we’ll be hashtagging them (for Twitter purposes) as #FreeviewFriday. Feel free to knick said hashtag for your own Freeview Friday posts. Hope you’ll join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment