Monday, October 8, 2012

#BookReview : Love Unfinished



A Romance Novel

From Goodreads:
Soul mates from the past leave their love unfinished when a tragic accident ends their lives on their wedding day. Yet they are destined to meet again to fulfill that love in new incarnations, leading vastly different lives.

Emma thought she chose the right path in life, but too late does she realize her mistake when her husband reveals the monster behind the smile. Their happily ever after - is a lie. Trapped in a broken marriage to a powerful, abusive man, Emma knows this is not the life she was meant to live. As her hope for real love withers, she meets James, her love from a lifetime ago.

Emma cannot deny the connection pulling them together, but her courage to abandon her marriage wavers, and unknowingly puts her life on the line. Are Emma and James fated to fulfill their love, or will they once again, leave love unfinished?



My Review: 3 Stars


Two soul mates meet a tragic end and they won't know peace until they find each other again. A story of reincarnation I guess one might call it - a story of 'eternal love transcending time and all obstacles'.

Yummies:  I really liked the idea behind the story & its heart wrenching beginning. I'd have to say the antique picker, James, is my favorite part of the whole story. Oh. And the socialite bitch Olivia runs a close 2nd. While the other two main characters were alright, it was the supporting cast I enjoyed the most.

Yuckies:  There were a few parts I had believability issues with. What else is new, right??? Like how the butler knew something was going to happen - how everyone else had this 'bad' feeling. Everyone had a 6th sense I guess. Bugged me a smidge.

The middle drug on for me as well. I kept wondering why the hell Emma wouldn't just leave her abusive husband already! She'd already made up her mind to go, but she didn't - this made the final confrontation between her & the soon-to-be-ex feel forced.

The ending was exactly what I expected, but the last couple chapters of getting to that point was rushed, almost like an overview. Not really sure how else it could have been done, though. Perhaps skipping to the final chapter? Would have made for a better ending, IMO.

Recommend:  Sure. While I'm not jumping for joy it was a decent read and worth the time if you've nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment