Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Will I be 'The Next Big Thing'? #fingerscrossed



I was recently tagged by Keri Lake to participate in The Next Big Thing hop, in which I’m supposed to talk about my WiP. I’m shipping it out to beta readers before the end of the month then it’s *fingers crossed* time as the submission process begins!

Be sure to stop by  Keri’s Blog and check out her post because her Soul Avenged (Sons of Wrath #1) sounds incredible!
Anyhoo. Here we go.
 What is the working title of your book? 
 Pool of Souls is the name of the series, but book one isn’t named yet.

Where did the idea for the book come from?

LONG story. I’ll just say that a few years ago everything I believed in was swept from beneath my feet, leaving me questioning my faith. This story started as an outlet for my disappointment and anger. I’m hoping its underlying theme will resonate with readers or perhaps help them heal from their own hurt.

What genre does your book fall under?

Fantasy.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Oh boy.  

For Hyla, the MC, I’ve yet to find a person who looks like the young woman in my brain. Elisabeth Harnois has the face shape & innocence (in most photos) I picture – give her long dark hair and we're close.

If Dean Geyer (new Glee cast member) had dark eyes he’d be a ringer for Jadon. Yum yum.

As for my third character, Conlin, I have to go with that cutie redhead from Pride & Prejudice, Simon Woods.

And NO - there are NO love triangles.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

UGH. I hate these things. I've yet to work one up, so here goes nothin' *cringing*

As the only Native to escape imprisonment by the human High Priest, Hyla turns to her faith for help and answers, learning life is much more complicated than she'd ever dreamed.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I plan on subbing it to an indie publisher I adore.  ;)  If it's a no then I'll try for representation elsewhere.

How long did it take to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Including the research & planning stages, 5 years. I've moved 5 times, got married, and had 2 munchkins in this time as well, so I HAVE been a bit busy.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Hmm. That’s a tough one. It’s medieval fantasy, but not with the typical sword & sorcery-type magic. Not sure I’ve read something comparable yet.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

The same circumstances that brought about the idea lightly touched on above.

Also the times in our own history where a race of people were pushed off their land – the Native Americans for example.

What else about your book might pique the readers interest?
Manipulation. Loneliness. Yearning. Fear. Mistrust. Survival. Freedom. 
It’s all in there.
And did I mention NO love triangles???
  ---------------------------
And now for the nominations of five friends. Mwwaaaaahahahahahahha!
1.     Katherine Skye
2.     Rebecca Hart
3.     Deanna Proach
4.     S.M. Boyce
5.     Tenaya Jayne

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post!! Sounds like an amazing series! Good luck with submissions!! :)

    ReplyDelete